AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this on the MSRP below and above $3,000 because I am unsure of the value of the unit...

I am auctioning a Sanyo PLC-XP51 Projector right now on E-Bay and I didn't realize the MSRP was original just over $7,500 according to quite a few sites I've looked at and the cheapest I've seen it for purchase used is $2,600. Is the projector really worth that? I understand Sanyo no longer makes it. My husband bought it from a client that worked at Sanyo....the guy said he was giving us an unbeatable deal but I don't think we knew what it was worth?

Just trying to figure out if I should pull the auction since right now it is only at $450?

I only have one more day....if anyone knows what the worth of this machine is PLEASE let me know!

Thank you!

Amanda

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
This is a business unit not HT. It has been out of production for about 3 years. There is probably more value to a business person and HT since it is very bright with low contrast specs. It does not display true 720 HD since it is 1024x786 native. Price is market driven, I would search ebay for similar items sold in the past months to see what they brought. I think $400 would be a fair price.. you didn't say how many hours were on the lamp and that is a real factor. Original price of electronics does not really matter much once they have a few years under them.. remember what you paid for your first computer..

NOTE: I am not an expert in used pricing or business units or HT units for that matter.. I just know I would not spend much for an LCD projector of this vintage..

AH I see your listing, it is new never used.. still don't think it is worth much these days.. it weighs 19lbs .. current technology has these things under 5lbs, a real factor for someone on the road.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts