AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - before making a 5+K investment, I (and I'm sure other folks) would like to bring a demo/trial unit home, project it in their ambient lighting conditions, with their cable signal and sound system, and then make an informed decision.

Anyone aware of any such arrangements? Or of an online retailer that offers a 30 day money back in case expectations are not met?

Thanks!

Usman

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
You want to watch cable on a projector? Projectors tend to shine on higher quality sources like DVD or HDTV. Regular cable looks OK on a projector, but I would recommend a scaler or a HTPC (home theater personal computer loaded with DScaler) to make it look decent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well .. the reality of the situation is that 90% of my TV watching is cable. although i'm in line for HDTV from time warner, that's only going to be like 3-4 channels anyways. i was thinking i'd get an iscan pro or something like that to improve cable quality - currently i have an hdtv ready toshiba RPTV 43" which i'm itching to trade up - and i figure it would be really cool if i could use my empty wall as a projection screen to get a 90" screen .. that may be toooo big for my apartment - who knows - these are the things i would like to "try" before i buy ..

any other ideas are welcome!

usman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.