AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanyo XP21N vs Sanyo XP30 (Boxlight clones)

305 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  DanHouck 
Phussary, thank you thank you thank you.

Your post couldn't have come at a better time.

I was finally going to take the new projector plunge and was going to spend the weekend debating between the XP30, XP21 and PLV 60. I didn't have an opportunity to demo the XP21 but after reading other posts and speaking to Arrow at infocomm, I learned I either had a really good XP30 demo unit or there was a considerable difference between the XP21 and the XP30. Based on your excellent comparison, it appears my observations were not too far out of whack. I was told that with the exception of lens shift and higher light output the units were the same. This of course was inconsistent with the information I had.

My conclusions of the XP30 compared to the PLV 60 was there was no comparison. The wide panel unit, however, has ease of use appeal and a lower price.

Life of course is never that simple. After finally jumping off the fence with respect to waiting for the new 16:9 DLPs, not bright enough for my application, along comes the XP40 and 45. All the goodies of the XP30 plus 500 more lumens and an 800:1 contrast ratio at, what another post claimed would be basically the same price.

Have you considered these units and if so do you know release dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.