AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still in the process of getting the theater room ready, and while I wait to get my new projector(the z1), I am thinking of which dvd players would be good coupled with the z1. I have heard many great things about the panny xp30, and was wondering if it is great with the Z1?

I am still a bit out there on how the deinterlacing works. If I understand it correctly if you have a good dvd player like the xp30, it does the deinterlacing and shoots the signal to the PJ bypassing the PJ's deinterlacer.

So if my logic is right, then would I be better off bypassing the projectors deinterlacer and using the xp30's, or would I use the projector to deinterlace?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Also, if any Z1 owners would post on which dvd players they have with their projector, and how they use them, I would appreciate that as well!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I own the XP30 and it is a very good player. (pj is Panny 200.) If you run the player in progressive scan mode then it will bypass the pj's deinterlacer. The deinterlacer on the XP30 is a lot better than that on the pj. And I bet it is better than that on the Z1's.

Yes, your logic is right. Use the deinterlacer on the XP30, not on the Z1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.