AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a Z1 and I'm trying to decide what screen to get, but I can't find any info on how bright the low lamp mode is. I am thinking of either a 67" wide screen at 8' viewing distance but I think this might be too bright even with 0.8 gain at over 30 ft-lamberts at 700 lumens. My other configuration would be a 80" wide screen at 12 ft viewing distance which works out to be about 22 ft-lamberts at 700 lumens for 0.8 gain.

Anyone know what the Z1 lumens is in low lamp mode?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Personal feeling - not less than 500 lumens. There is a slight, but not dramatic difference in brightness, contrast is even better in low lamp mode, IMHO. My screen size 100" and viewing distance is about 12'

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I had the Boxlight 1HD I was projecting a 90" image in low lamp mode, sitting 14 feet away I had to turn down the brightness a couple of clicks. No big deal. This was in a pitch black room however.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like 500 Lumens in low lamp mode is probably about right. I saw a spec that says the power is backed off 30 watts, so 700 * (130-30) / 130 = 538. I'm going with the 92" daiagonal with the 0.8 screen gives me 16 foot-lamberts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.