AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just want to know how many Z1 owners out there have Vertical Banding and here from those that don't.

My Z1 has just been returned after a repair still with VB yet on the delivery note it says repaired so I need to know if this is on all units.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No.

Denon 1600 DVD Player, progressive component signal over 40 foot Belden 1964A cables w/Canare connetors.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No.

Toshiba 4800 prog scan DVD, 9m ixos component cable. Great pq. Can you believe how inexpensive this type of performance has become?

·
Registered
44 Posts
There was a thread where one Z1 owner swore that turning the projector completely off and not leaving it in standby mode nearly wiped out his vertical banding issues. Also there are some tweaks posted that may help as well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
no VB for me either, thank God. I use Panasonic XP30 in progressive mode. I also use a Radeon based HTPC with 1 X 1 pixel mapping. I notice that defocus helps with almost all the artifacts I've encountered with this projector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well mine has never been left on standby but have very clear bands especialy down the centre of the image. Very noticeable on whites

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jtorry
Well mine has never been left on standby but have very clear bands especialy down the centre of the image. Very noticeable on whites
This is very off putting indeed as i'm about to buy this very pj:(

Have you taken any pictures of this problem that we could have a look at?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend with a dig cam is coming over tomorrow so I hope to post some pics. It does appear that some people don't have the problem, so maybe it is just a few bad ones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
A friend with a dig cam is coming over tomorrow so I hope to post some pics. It does appear that some people don't have the problem, so maybe it is just a few bad ones.
Cool i'd like to see the problem for myself, because i just know if this is a problem with this pj i'll get a bad one for sure :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Samsung DVD-P331 thru cheap 25ft component cables I made myself. Works fine especially considering how little money I have in it.

DVW

·
Registered
99 Posts
No banding here either, 30ft component cables (homemade from high quality co-ax cable) using an OLD pioneer dvd player till i decide on what to get, so of course no progressive yte. Although i am awaiting in the post my component cable for my xbox which allow progressive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My friend has a Z1. No VB. (htpc @ 960x540)

My 1HD will be here next week. I'll report it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm getting a Z1 i'll be useing it for xbox & dvd they will be pal & i don't have P/scan do you think i'm going to have a problem with vertical bands?

Because i don't know if i could live with this effect, i don't mind a bit but if it was all over the screen it would bother me alot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LFC FAN - It is certainly something that is very annoying, but bareable. The thing that annoys me is that some people don't seem to have it with thier projectors. This suggests that mine is faulty, but it is such an uncertain area that i can't be sure that it isn't that some people can't see it. It is really obvious to me though. I will try and post some pics later, but it is hard to see in them. It is far more obvious when the image is moving.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
LFC FAN - It is certainly something that is very annoying, but bareable. The thing that annoys me is that some people don't seem to have it with thier projectors. This suggests that mine is faulty, but it is such an uncertain area that i can't be sure that it isn't that some people can't see it. It is really obvious to me though. I will try and post some pics later, but it is hard to see in them. It is far more obvious when the image is moving.
Have you tried the tweaks that people on here have done to get rid of the VB? because if mine has it i'll be trying it because it's a shame it has this problem because most of the stuff i read say this Pj has a very good picture :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeh. I have tried the tweaks, but again they seem pretty individual and don't work for everyone. Plus I haven't found the definitive guide to exactly what needs doing so it is all a bit of trial and error.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.