Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone here use their Sanyo Z1 with a component video switcher like the JVC SX111?

I have just setup my media room with the Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector and the JVC component video switcher. When switching sources there are times when the project reports no signal. I then need to turn off the source and turn it back on to send the signal again.

2. I am still having a problems using the DB15 cable and the DTC100 to the Z1. It does not get a signal. When I plug my laptop into the same cable it works fine. What gives?

3. I am now using the RCA VGA to Component switcher and when I use that in combination with the component video switcher I get funky results. B y funky I mean I cannot tune to a HDTV channel then tune back to a regular channel because the regular channel then looks all washed out as if the color is missing. I have to turn off the DTC100 and turn it on again.

Is there something wrong with my projector? Should I contact the projectorpeople.com and ask for a new one?

Jason

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbihun
2. I am still having a problems using the DB15 cable and the DTC100 to the Z1. It does not get a signal. When I plug my laptop into the same cable it works fine. What gives?
I have a VGA cable (DB15) connecting my DTC100 to my Z1 and it works OK but not perfect.

1) You have to have the DTC100 in HDTV mode ( button on the front of the DTC100 ). There's an option menu that lets you use the Fetch button on the remote for this.

2) I have the DTC100 timing set to the EIA 770 standard timing ( it's in one of the DTC100 menus ).

3) The DTC100 converts standard definition channels to 540P which the Z1 doesn't auto-detect properly, so to get the Z1 into 1080i mode you need to tune to 1080i channel and then press input on the Z1 a couple times so it correctly detects 1080i. Mine detects 1035i but you can change to 1080i in the Z1 menu. Once you're in 1080i on the Z1 you can switch to standard def channels and back without the projector dropping out of 1080i mode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the HD Monitor output set (button on the front). I read somewhere to use the EIA 770.3 short tracing. I don't know if that is correct or not.

As for the switch between 1080i and standard, I am no quite sure what you are suggesting. Should I set the mode to 1080i instead of Auto? Would that solve the problem? Or do I need to press input a few times until it works?

Do you use a component switcher?

Jason

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mean to be a dick but I am looking for help on this issue and no one seems to have any advice. If anyone with a Z1 and a DTC100 could comment I would appreciate it.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.