AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a storm, last night, and the power flickered. Well, my z4 turned off, but I didn't think much about it. I just turned the power off and went to bed. Now, when I turn it on the lens cover opens and then shuts, again. The led for lamp replace is flashing on the top.

Is there a way to reset that or has my lamp blown? I only have like 700 hours on it, so I'd hate to buy a new one.

BTW...

I can recommend a ups before a projector

Hehehe...

JJ

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this through a google search.

JJ

Quote:
Remove the six screws (three underneath and three on the back) marked with an arrow. take note of one of the ones on the back as it is different to the other five.

Turn the projector the correct way up and lift off the lid, Dissconnect the cable from the control panel to the main circuit board and note where it came from.

Towards the back left of the unit there is a small black thermal switch above where the lamp sits. It has a white central button. Get a pen or something else with a sharp tip and press the white central part, it it clicks back in it means that it had tripped.

Reassemble the projector in reverse order.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Great info.... I hope never happens to my Z4 ,but if it does at the least I have a possible fix. I'm up to approximately 1500 hours on my original lamp ,and have a spare. I think I'll wait it out for about a year or so before I get rid of it. Nice machine for the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts