AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day my Z4 shuts down with the symptoms of thermal switch issue (blinking red/yellow lights, lamp doesn't turn on, shutter closes after 30 seconds). The projector only has 400-500 hours on it and the bulb is only a 300 hundred hours old. So last night I unplug it and take off the cover to reset the thermal switch, unfortunately, when I start it up it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

My question is regarding the switch itself...should it click or stay in a depressed position? Or like I observed on my unit, do you just push it down (about a millimeter) and it returns to the original position? I think this may have happened at 200 hours, I bought a new bulb which didn't fix the issue and then I sent it in to Sanyo under warranty...I'll need to look at my records to confirm.

Also, I'm at 5,280 foot elevation in Denver, so once I get it back up and running I assume I'll have to tweak the fans.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved...hitting the switch alone didn't seem to do the job so I swapped back to the original bulb and that did the trick. Ironically that's the bulb that I replaced due to a similar error.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I wonder whether this is the problem I'm facing as well with Z2000.

Does Z2000 also have this thermal reset ? How do I tell whether it is a thermal reset problem or the bulb is gone ?

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am having a **** down also on my Z2000. I also removed the cover. I don't see a thermal reset button. I have yellow and red blinking lights. The unti turns on for about 30seconds and closes w no picture on the screen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritontr21 /forum/post/0

I am having a **** down also on my Z2000. I also removed the cover. I don't see a thermal reset button. I have yellow and red blinking lights. The unti turns on for about 30seconds and closes w no picture on the screen.

Mine didn't look anything like a button or switch. Just look for a small white dot about 2mm wide. Think it had black plastic around the white...assuming it is the same as the Z4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.