AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i bought the Sanyo Z4000 a few weeks ago, comparing to my previus Optoma HD65, the difference is huge, better image quality, much better blacks and shadows details, colors and sharpness are very similar. The Optoma only wins in brightness, but de Sanyo is very bright for my screen (90"). I'm very happy with this pj.

My actual settings connect with PS3 and Denon 1910 (HDMI normal in Sanyo config)

Living mode

Red +4

Green -7

Blue -6

Lamp A1

Iris Mode Fixed

Iris 0

Transient Imp Low.

Dyn gama Low

All the rest 0 or off.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Only one owner of the Z4000? Anyone out there upgraded from Z2000 to a Z4000, to provide some comparison, comments, etc?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgemac
Hi, i bought the Sanyo Z4000 a few weeks ago, comparing to my previus Optoma HD65, the difference is huge, better image quality, much better blacks and shadows details, colors and sharpness are very similar. The Optoma only wins in brightness, but de Sanyo is very bright for my screen (90"). I'm very happy with this pj.

My actual settings connect with PS3 and Denon 1910 (HDMI normal in Sanyo config)

Living mode

Red +4

Green -7

Blue -6

Lamp A1

Iris Mode Fixed

Iris 0

Transient Imp Low.

Dyn gama Low

All the rest 0 or off.
You run normal lamp in living room mode with a 90" screen??? You should be able to get a much better image using one of the other modes.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Is this the Official Z4000 thread? Seems kind of dead... surely more Z4000 owners out there?!

·
Registered
96 Posts
It certainly looks like Sanyo is dropping off the radar, doesn't it... I am ready to upgrade away from the Z2000, and the Z4000 is not on my list. Just like a lot of other people on avsforum, I'm waiting on comparisons of the new Mitsu/Panny/JVC offerings.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Steve, any reason Sanyo is not on your list?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I had the Z2000 and upgraded to the Epson 8350 about a year ago.

Although the picture is brighter on the 8350, the Z2000 picture was a littler sharper probably due to Sanyo's tolerance on the LCD convergence.

Fast action motion or movies with long side to side panning was also smoother on the Sanyo.

The Sanyo also has a Lens Shift Lock, which is nice and sometimes over looked.

On my 8350, I have to make adjustments to the Lens Shift about once a month because it moves.

The Z2000 is a great projector only if it was brighter to give the picture some pop.

I was hoping the Z4000 would be brighter but from reading the reviews, it does not seem so.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Note that 'pop' is very much a function of contrast. The Z4000 has better contrast than the 2000, so I would expect more POP (3D-like) even if at the same brightness level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman /forum/post/21043563

I had the Z2000 and upgraded to the Epson 8350 about a year ago.

Although the picture is brighter on the 8350, the Z2000 picture was a littler sharper probably due to Sanyo's tolerance on the LCD convergence.

Fast action motion or movies with long side to side panning was also smoother on the Sanyo.

The Sanyo also has a Lens Shift Lock, which is nice and sometimes over looked.

On my 8350, I have to make adjustments to the Lens Shift about once a month because it moves.

The Z2000 is a great projector only if it was brighter to give the picture some pop.

I was hoping the Z4000 would be brighter but from reading the reviews, it does not seem so.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
It's because even though the Sanyo produces a very sharp and respectable image for an LCD, many things killed their sales of this projector.

1) It wasn't bright enough for most people, not everyone even knows about High Power screens and their benefits.

2) Sanyo failed to honor the warranty to some people and there are a lot of disgruntled people about it, so that is another reason you didn't see much sales this year.

3) The Sanyo z4000 is often priced at or above $1800, and IMHO, that is too expensive for this projector right now, given the low brightness, even though the Sanyo does have some good attributes.

4) Some people are better off going for the Mits hc4000 DLP instead, because it's so much brighter, cheaper, and produces a better image except in dark movies.

5) At the current price of the Sanyo, you can just get an Epson 8700ub for barely any more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.