AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. i replaced my benq w100 with my first 720p proj - a used plv-z5. they are joined by a standard HDMI cable. i have several questions:

1) with the denon 1930 playing my standard format DVDs, should i let the denon deinterlace, or the sanyo? the denon's got the faroudja chip. not sure what's in the sanyo.

2) in general, should i be using the image quality settings on the player, or the projector? again, i don't know if the denon has better electronics.

3) i have an alignment problem. the red lcd projects slightly to the left of center and the green slightly to the right. i used to do alignments with my old CRT, but i find no way to do this with the sanyo. does it need to go to the shop? it's still under warranty.

anyone with this same setup? please let me know what you've done to get the best image quality ;-)

thanks in advance!

peter.

·
Registered
234 Posts
you should put the denon to output 720p and make sure you turn of overscan on the z5 and you will get a GREAT pixelmapped dvd picture!

I have a 1930 myself and i love it! it was a perfect match with my old mitsu hc1100 720p dlp, fantastic depth to the picture!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply! i forgot all about the 720p out in the 1930. i have done exactly as you suggested and it's much better. i still have alot of work to do in the color correction area. also, are you familliar with alignment problems in 3LCD PJs? i still have a slight shift to the left in red, and to the right in green.

peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts