AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have core2 duo 6300 and 2 gig ram, started with clean xp mce install, installed directx 9c, installed microsoft net 2.0, then went to ati site and installed catalyst suite 6.12 (all 4 sections that were listed there), this should take care of the vid card. Then installed the latest hdtv wonder drivers from the ati site, and also the ati decoder (using the cd as validation). When hd video plays I get motion artifacts when there is movement (horizontal lines on the moving part). There's also a black border around the entire desktop such that the whole screen is not being utilized, but only on my front projector. The monitor doesn't have the black border, even though ccc is in clone mode, the monitor as the analog primary, the projector as the secondary display. Everything set at 1280x720. On the projector, the screen is full during startup (the bios page and the xp page) but when the desktop appears so does the black border. I tried 7.1, same result. I can get the projector screen filled up when I use the ccc that came on my installation disk, but it's an older version (I think 6.3) and there's still motion artifacts. Are there any settings that I may be missing, or do I need a new video card. I've been trying to get this to work for over a week now.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have this black border thing too. Is it 720p60Hz? It seems to be a ATI driver problem. It occurs every time I install another driver than the Sapphire HDMI driver. Bad: If I reinstall the HDMI driver, problem stays. Only solution I found so far: Complete new installation of WinXP. Drivercleaner does not help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.