AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Do any of you know of any high quality video or audio from Sarah McLachlan? I have only found a few DVD's so far and no idea how good the audio is.

She is my wife's favorite singer. And If I can get get something to demo for her, it will make my HT upgrade be much smoother on the home front.

I am already getting the Elton John and Dave Mathews Blu-Rays recommended from the Audio Tier thread. I hope my plan works! Thank you.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick /forum/post/18235579

Hi folks,

Do any of you know of any high quality video or audio from Sarah McLachlan? I have only found a few DVD's so far and no idea how good the audio is.

She is my wife's favorite singer. And If I can get get something to demo for her, it will make my HT upgrade be much smoother on the home front.

I am already getting the Elton John and Dave Mathews Blu-Rays recommended from the Audio Tier thread. I hope my plan works! Thank you.

Her first album VOX was released in HD audio. not sure if it's still in print.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
As Sarah is a favorite amongst the audiophile set, all her work, every album I think, is available on new 200 gram vinyl records. If you have a good turntable, that will give you the best audio quality possible, IMO.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack /forum/post/18235603

This one Afterglow was very good.

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Mclachla...557938&sr=1-10

Unfortunately OOP now. No Blus yet but the above concert has been on TV in HD and looked pretty good.

Thanks,

I ordered this on Amazon for my wife. LOL, it will get to my house before I do. I'm currently out at sea on a Navy war ship.

We'll get to preview it on my craptastic current HT set up. Hopefully when I get the new stuff, my wife will be able to hear the difference.

And thanks to the mods for moving this. Made it harder to find though.

No, I do not own a turntable. I do however own a couple of picture discs I have received from bands. The two I can think of off hand are Amorphis and Mortician. They are signed and I have never listened to them.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick /forum/post/18263379

No, I do not own a turntable. I do however own a couple of picture discs I have received from bands. The two I can think of off hand are Amorphis and Mortician. They are signed and I have never listened to them.

My Rega P-3 turntable is the crown jewel of my A/V system. You can't believe how good music sounds when you can actually hear all of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts