Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the wife a Tivo Series 2 unit so she could record all of her "girl"

shows. I am having trouble connecting the Tivo to the SAT-200 though.

I am using the 1080i connection on the Sat-200. My questions are: do I have to change the format on the Sony from 1080i to either 480 or video 1/2? In doing so, do I also have to flip the switch on the back between the RGB and composite video?

This sounds like a jacked up deal to me but maybe i'm wrong.

Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ah yes, the bane of my theater existence.

The Sat-200 (Sony, right?) will NOT output an HD signal and an SD signal (via S-video) simultaneoulsy.

Every time you switch to TIVO the STB needs to be on Variable 1/2 (480i).

The new HD 300 has removed this obstacle, but is yet not available.

KidDoc

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you or does anyone else feel that Sony will offer an upgrade to make the SAT-200 automatically select the proper video signal like the new Sat-300? Would this be a hardware or software upgrade? HMMM, I just wonder if Sony will be so kind to offer such an upgrade, since the SAT-200 is less than a year old. My hunch is uhhhh NO!

Thanks for the info.

Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
no upgrade to the HD200. IF you have had the box for less than 30 days, perhaps you can return it. The Samsung 160 is currently the only stb which outputs both 480i & and HD signal at the same time. As mentioned, the new Sony HD300 will do that too (should be here in weeks), and the upcoming LG 3xxx will do it too.

There may be adaptors which will convert whichever signal to 480i--that's for someone else to answer...

hth,

ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.