AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to add a second receiver in my home. My first receiver is a Sony SAT-HD100 and it is working fine. My second receiver is a Sony SAT-A55. The TV only shows:

"Acquiring satellite information please stand by..."

This has been on for over 3 hours so far. Directv says it can take up to 24 hours. I ran the self test on the unit and everything checked out OK. Should it really take this long?

Additional background:

Sony Dual LNB Satellite Antenna

Signal strength is about 80 for both A and B.

My other receiver is working fine.

The "menu" only has two options (1 & 5) Setup and Exit. Both seem to be working fine.

Thanks for any help, Barry.Text

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Have you tried connecting your "working" receiver to the second connector of the dual LNB? I've seen some bad LNB's where the first connector was working just fine but the second had all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes just be patient sometimes it really takes along time for Directv to have everything turned on. Sometimes they will have the basic on sooner then the local channels as well. Just to clarrify, you called Directv to notify them your adding a second box right? Did they ask for your box card id number? If so just wait it should come on.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replys. I did try swapping receivers and the problems followed the A55. Sony technical support says the unit is most likely bad and to send it back for a new replacement. Of course I do watch HDTV as much as possible on my other set and it is awesome. I am in the process of setting up an OTA so that I can receive digital and HDTV OTA stations. I live in the California Central Valley south of Stockton. Does anybody have experience with OTA HDTV in this area?

thanks, Barry.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Unplug the POWER CORD for 5 minutes. Plug back in. Set the receiver up for dual dish not with 3 LNBs. Unplug again for 5 minutes.

This is a little extreme but the new Sony satellite receivers are very flawed.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello Barry,

I just also got done installing and fine tunning my ota uhf antenna. Word of advise if your installing the antenna on your roof. Make sure to get a rotator. It's a blessing.

It makes things so much easier. It rotates the antenna itself to find the best signals. I live in a 2 level townhome and climbing back and forth rotating the antenna by hand was a pain in the neck. So keep things easy and simple use a rotator. Radio schack sells them and Channel master also sells them.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.