AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums and couldn't't find this answered, also I am very un-handy so any help would be appreciated.

Like everyone else I ordered the Sat C kit self install today, so I took a look at the back of my dish and noticed that I had a 4 way multi switch with 4 "out lines" and 2 sat b in's and 2 sat a in's but nothing for Sat C.

Do I need to order a different multiswitch? I currently have the dual lnb oval dish and the rca38310. And if this question has been answered numerous times (which it probably has) I am sorry.

·
Registered
460 Posts
No, the multiswitch you already have will work. The sat c install kit comes with a wiring diagram that will describe how to add the 3rd LNB to your exisiting oval dish and how to cable it into the exisiting multiswitch.

Your kit will have a unique LNB, two coax cables, a combiner, and a wiring diagram with mounting hardware. You will want to pay close attention to where each wire goes so that you don't connect the cables to the wrong location and so that you do not bend the center signal line in the coax in the process.

All RCA dish owners are finding the supplied screw to which the LNB is connected to the vacant spot on the dish is not long enough to reach the retention nut, so you will have to replace it when the time comes.

Otherwise, this is a pretty straight forward installation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.