AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any dishes out there that support all three DirecTV TV satellites: Sat A at 119, Sat B at 101, and Sat C at 110, as well as Direcway internet service?

My internet surfing has turned up Sat A and Sat B kits for the DirecDuo dishes, but I haven't seen any mounts for Sat C yet.

I want to be able to tell my condo association "Yes you can get all the DirecTV services at once from one dish and appropriate multiswitches" but I'm not so sure that's true.

-Tom

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry if this is a little off topic.

Is there any way for you to share a DirectDUO dish for Internet Access?

We currently are using 3 dishes on the roof of our Condo for DirecTV.

There are some folks that are interested in getting Internet Access as well, can you get a switch to share the internet feed?

thanks

-moe

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very interesting. Anyone know if the Direcway LNBs are available separately to mount on something like this? In fact what is the WL position of the Direcway internet satellite?

I assume that the design of this dish would allow all the LNBs to be located linearly along the bar, not requiring the slight "up" position that the Sat C LNB normally requires on an 8900 dish.

But alas, I think this is not going to fly for my condo association since this is a custom solution that is not going to be generally installable by any but the most savvy installers. Also, it looks almost like two dishes, so it's not clear it would help the primarily aesthetic considerations of the HOA; it would be easier to just install two dishes.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
DirectPC is at 95 WL I assume directway is on the same satellite. As far as the receive only version of directPC the only special thing about the LNB is that it is LINEARLY polarized as opposed to the CIRCULAR polarazation of DirecTV. The two way direct way would also be linear but requires a transmit capable LNB.

The toroidal secondary reflector is shaped to make foci to be along a gentle arc whwre the LNBs are mounted.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, the pictures seem to show smaller LNBs, not the L-shaped LNBs that are used with D* and E* out here. Sounds like this thing is more for the international market.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
As far as I can see the LNB's are attached with U-bolts around the neck of the feed and slide/adjust for the orbital slot you want. the dish will cover +/- 30 degrees from the boresight, more than enough to cover 61.5 to 119 or 101 to 157.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.