AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Armed with the information I picked up last Sunday on this forum, here's how I got the Sat-C kit from DirecTV $8.08 shipped to my door for self-install.

Monday morning I called Customer Service 1-800-531-5000 and punched in a "0" to get to an "Entertainment Consultant". First two ECs I got on line didn't know what to do. On my third call (all within 10 minutes) I hit "pay dirt" -- the young man had just completed training on Sat-C and the options available to subscribers. I led him through the process stating I would like to receive the Sat-C kit for my oval dish for self-install. I told him I understood that it was available to subscribers who have an HDTV receiver -- he said "yes, let me enter an order" after about 2 minutes he came back and gave me an order number and told me I would receive the kit in two to five business days. The cost would be $8.08 and would I like it charged to my cc that I pay my monthly bill with...

After that was taken care of I said I wanted to get the Showtime HD channel only and that I understood that once I got the Sat-C kit installed they would activate it for zero cost -- he tried selling the whole Showtime package to me and I said no, I only wanted channel 543 for no additional cost - he said "o.k. - once you get the kit installed and set up call us back and we'll activate"

Wednesday night when I got home the package was on my door step! I installed it in about 15 minutes per the good instructions that came with the kit - went in the house, plugged the receiver back in, set the option for three satellites, checked the signal strengths that read 93 for 101 and 80 for 110W/119W. I tuned to Channel 543 and there it was with the message, call extension 721 - I called and told the rep that I had installed the Sat-C kit and was ready to receive Showtime HD -- within 2 minutes after she tried to sell me the Showtime package and I said no I just wanted Channel 543 HD at no cost - I told her it should be one of the options on her screen - she said yes and turned it on! I confirmed with her one more time that it was at no cost - she said that is correct!

I was successful because of all of you that went before me and wrote threads about your experience.... I hope I have given others some pointers here. Thanks...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.