AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30" dish for each satellite for Directv. I need the exact coordinates for the satellite at 110 for my area. If anyone knows where I can get that info, please let me know.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Theres a few diff sites available. The only one I have handy is one that goes by major cities so if you happen to be in or near one you might find it listed. Otherwise someone else might chime in with other links.

http://www.kusat.com/install/look.shtml

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Download the pointing utility from Dishnetwork. Just pick the 110 satellite. Or go to the dish pointing page at DBS Forums and pick the 110 sat. You will have to adjust for the deviation between magnetic and true north.

-Robert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, but I was unable to find the azimuth and elevation for my area. I live in Oklahoma City. There has to be somewhere I can obtain the information so I will keep trying.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Punching in a zip code for OKC (73101) into my Dish receiver for 110 shows coordinates of 194 az and 47 el. That will get you close enough and then you can tweak for peak strength from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I was able to come up with about the same coordinates. I think there should be no trouble finding it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.