Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a two year old Terk 18" oval sat dish (same as the Hughes and RCA I think) used in conjunction with my HD Toshiba DST-3000 sat receiver. I have recently added a third LNB in the center of the dish to receive Showtime HD. I purchased this LNB at Best Buy for $39.00 and simply added it to the center LNB slot on the dish. It fit perfectly, although only one connection point is used within the dish, Sat's A & B plug into a dual connection. When testing signal strength I get no signal when testing sat C strength on the Toshiba receiver. Both sat's A & B are over 80.

My questions are:

1.) The new LNB sits a little shorter than the other two - will this make a difference?

2.) Can I attach the Toshiba to any of the 4 leads coming from the dish or is there a special one that uses the center LNB?

3.) If sat's A & B are properly aligned (over 80 on both signals), shouldn't the center LNB simply line up when installed? I receive HD Net & HBO HD perfectly?

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond!

Cliff

Note: I also posted this in the above forum before realizing it was for OTA HD only, not satellite. Ooops...

·
Registered
589 Posts
i would try to get a signal from the sat c first to see if its something wrong with the unit rather than the installation.

\\

Have you set your tosh to autodetect satellites? On my panasonic i used to have to set it to autodetect or something of that nature to get it to work.

nate

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies so far Nate. I was reading some old threads that said that the third LNB is a "special LNB", not the standard dual LNB you might pick up at Best Buy, but a special "Sat-C Kit" LNB designed for center use only. Ever heard of that - anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yes, the center lnb most certainly must be the special Sat C lnb (and you need the included combiner that comes with the kit).. end of story.

·
Registered
589 Posts
if you dont have a sat c kit you cant get show hd. You can get these kits from directv for free(just pay shipping). Call directv and ask for the sat c kit 3rd option.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered the Sat-C kit from Direct today. Will be taking the other back to BB for a refund. Thanks guys!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.