AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Sat C kit yesterday. I have two HD receivers. All was fine on the Hughes, got 543, etc. On the RCA DTC-100, the only way I can get 543 is to put the Hughes on 543. But when this happens, all even numbered transponders on the DTC-100 go off. I exchanged the "out-to receivers" cables on the multiswitch but it did not help. Here is something else that is crazy. I disconnected the satellite cable to the DTC-100 for a few second, re-connected and it worked fine, got 543, etc. But when I changed channels on the Hughes, the DTC-100 went back to not receiving 543 unless I put the Hughes on 543 and again the channels from even numbered transponders gave a "searching for satellite" message. Could I have a bad multi-switch? Any HELP would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
680 Posts
Jim I had a similar situation except that the DTC-100 kept all the transponders working and the Hughes kept giving me searching for sat on certain transponders on the 119 sat. Not sure exactly what I did (I reset the Hughes several times). As of now both are working fine together, it was very frustrating. Don't know if this will help but you may want to try resetting both stbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.