AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals, I have an interesting question. Got my Sat C installed today by a first-timer - yes I was worried - and get Show-HD just fine.

Now, while it's not a problem by any means, at least not now, why in the world do I not get anything on Channel 90? Shouldn't I see something there besides "Channel Not Available?" The only reason I even ask is that I hope it's not a sign of trouble to come from the install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont' get "Channel not available" I get "Channel not available in your area" or something along those lines. I get a good signal, but it's like a sports blackout.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
"Channel not available...." is normal for a properly installed unit. You're installation is OK.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a Zenith DTV1080 for HDTV and a Hughes "Silver Edition" connected to my oval dish with Sat-c installed. What is interesting is the Hughes reports Ch 90 as a Sat-C test channel and displays something like "If you see this message, then your Sat-c is installed correctly".

The Zenith on the other hand picks up SHO-HD fine, but reports the "Channel not available" message on 90.

Mike

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Mitsubishi HD-5 says:

"DTV: To Be Announced" at the top and "Program not available in your area" at the bottom.

Not to worry. There is nothing now there to view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.