AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add the middle lnb on my dish but need a sat c kit to do it. I have already an extra single lnb. How do i combine sat c with sat b like it mentions on the terk website? any help would be good.

I don't want to purchase the kit, since i have the Lnb already. How do i self install that?

i tried opening the multiswitch but no luck. the multiswitch is located right where you plug in the LNBs

is a special Sat C LNB needed?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let me know if the single lnb you have works. From what I understand the c kit has a different voltage and therefore a regular lnb wont work. I'm curious if its just talk to sell more parts or true....

·
Registered
131 Posts
This has been posted on before and tried by many people including myself.

Taking an extra standard single or dual LNB that you have will NOT work.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea. There is something special with the Sat-C LNB. The Sat-C is actually a old Primestar sat.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The reason for the special LNB is two fold. There was no switch available to combine the third LNB. Second, the transponder frequencies would overlap. This would be like trying to receive two radio stations on the same frequency or channel. What the sat c lnb does is it moves the three transponder frequencies for 28, 30 and 32 to 8, 10 and 12. These transponders are out of the range used by the 119 sat, which uses 22 to 32. This is to avoid that conflict when the two LNBs are combined to the single switch input.

The sat c does this by using a different mixer frequency, thus the reason for a special LNB.

Pat

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bradb21
The Sat-C is actually a old Primestar sat.
That is incorrect. The satellite at 110 is the original DirecTV DBS-1 satellite. It was moved over from 101 a few years ago when it was replaced by a newer, better satellite. IIRC, it also suffered a failure of its on-board primary spacecraft control processor, and is still surviving on a backup SCP at this time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.