AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Toshiba 30HF83 and a Samsung SIR-TS160, but I only have an oval dish with only 2 dual LNB's on it. The Sat C spot is empty. The guy at circuit city sold me a dual LNB for the Sat C spot and said it would work for HD programming. I installed the dual LNB, but I don't get any HD channels except my ota locals and ch. 79, HDnet on D*. I do not get the other HD channels such as espnHD and discHD.

Will a dual LNB work for the Sat C spot or do I have to specifically get a Sat C LNB? The guy at circuit city said it would work...should of known better to believe him. I went to other cc's and bb's but all are sold out of the Sat C Kit by terk.

Is there a way I can rig the dual LNB on the Sat C spot of my oval dish?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rberga1
The guy at circuit city sold me a dual LNB for the Sat C spot and said it would work for HD programming.
:rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, you can probably get one for shipping (like $8) directly from DirecTV.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Once you've installed the third LNB, you need to go into the Samsung menu (set up/installation I think) and look for antenna type and check oval with 3 LNB's. It takes a few minutes, then finds the third LNB and does the trick.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I received the LNB kit for satellite c and had it installed..free..no shipping charges..from Pagasus. I have been a customer of Directv for several years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.