AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through all the posts and haven't seen this problem addressed.

I have an oval dish and dtc100. The 101 and 119 are fine (89 and 68 signal strengths respectively). I ordered and installed the C kit from directv and had them activate showtime HD.

Problem: Checking signal strength on 110 I get 84 and a picture on 543, but ...IT WONT STAY LOCKED! It locks for a minute or two (picture appears), breaks up and then "searching for satellite" message appears. The signal comes and goes.

No obstructions, 101 and 119 signals are fine. Should I suspect cables, multiswitch, LNB or combiner? Or should I tweak the dish pointing?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed my SAT C kit yesterday. I got it from DirecTV, the brand was Channel Master. After all hook ups, I only had to configure my Mits HD5 to "Oval 3" and everything worked flawlessly. I didn't even have to have the station activated. I guess because I already subscribed to Showtime.

I doubt your problem has anything to do with re-pointing your dish unless during your install you really hit it hard. But the fact that your getting reasonable strength from SAT A and B, it's got to be something else. I wonder if it's the new LNB itself? Good luck!:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My saga took a turn last night. I ran a "system test" from the menu on dtc100 and BINGO, the signal stayed locked. Uncertain of what that did, however, I lost my "free" programming from HBOHD channel 509. I am getting a x721 message. Called directv they said there were technical problems. The 119 signal is fine as I am still getting HDNET.

So for now it looks like I'm out the free HBOhd and gained the SHOHD. I guess I need to argue w/dtv for hbohd as part of the "HDTV Package"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.