AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat-C install OK with Hughes E-86. My second receiver, an RCA DTC-100 will on get Sat-C channels, 90 and 543, only when I do one of the following: unplug the E-86; put the E-86 on 543 which allows 543 to appear on the DTC-100 but knocks out all of the even numbered transponder channels; put the E-86 on a Sat B channel, 199 or 509 at which time the DTC-100 gets 90 and 543 with no other known porblems. I just put a new Channel Master multi-swich on with the same results. I would appreciate someone on the forum helping me out. Thanks so much.

Jim

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a similar problem when I bought a Hughes for upstairs bedroom. When I hooked it up everything was o.k. with the Hughes but my DTC-100 started acting up with "searching for satellite" messages and missing channels. I got on the forum here to see if others had experience with the same problem. I was told that sometimes there is a compatibility problem between different manufacturers. My solution was to take the Hughes back and get an RCA receiver (same price/same features). I installed it - no problems!

·
Super Moderator
18,455 Posts
Jim..

Recheck your connections.

Sounds like you have a splitter in the system, somewhere. The receivers "tell" the multiswitch which satellite and which polarity by sending voltage and a tone down the line. If, at any point, there's a splitter in the line, the multiswitch will receive conflicting information from the two receivers hooked to that splitter.

Recheck your connections.. make sure you have all the right LNBs and receivers hooked to the proper ports on the multiswitch. Then, check all your cables for shorts. One bad connecter can screw up the whole system.

If you have no splitters in the line and all the cables and LNBs check, then you have yet another bad multiswitch.

Doc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.