Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Got myself a panasonic HDTV Decoder and after sending it back for replacement, since all these units have to have "Upgrades" according to the panasonic reps. I got a terk Direct Tv Dish. This dish has a plug and play system built into the arm. I took my old lnb and put it into the C slot. Is the C-Kit something different that a normal LNB if so why dont they every mention this. i get 85/91 A/B but 0 C Signal. If I need a special LNB can I get it at a store???

Thanks

Brett

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brett,

It is indeed a special LNB. Most electronics outlets will be pretty clueless about it. I never found one in any of the major stores in the San Jose area, except the Good Guys, who didn't have it, but knew what it was and was expecting a shipment.

Like so many others, I ordered the kit from Direct TV for a cost just less than $9, with delivery in two days.

If you do find it in a store, you can expect the ChannelMaster unit to set you bak about $60, and the Terk version about $40.

Dan

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
As far as the c lnb being different; it took a while for somebody to mention it here. My Terk came with a standard lnb--it had 2 rf connectors. The c-lnb has 1 rf out.Geo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will need the full Sat-C kit, which includes the "combiner" . Kind of like a splitter in reverse. It will combine the signal from the 119 bird and the 110 bird into one feed for the use of your receiver.....

As stated earlier many in the retail world will not know what you are talking about.

There are many places on the net selling them. Do a search for "SAT-C Kits"

Don't be surprised if the site says they have them . I would call first to verify. many are sold out....Got mine from www.copperbox.com . A good site but no bargin pricing there. At least they had them when I purchased mine......Radio Shack had no idea what I was talking about. The same goes for Circuit City and Best Buy.........

Hope this helps.

Snapline

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you subscribe to SHOWTIME with DirecTV you can get it free + S&H charge of less than $9. Although there are people who got it free without having to have SHOWTIME package it really depends whether you are lucky enough to get to talk to an EC who is either clueless or is more than willing to help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.