AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of the SAT HD HDTV decoders capabable of outputing a signal to a separate Tivo recorder. I presently have a Sony T-60 DirectTV/Tivo unit and am planning on getting a HDTV decoder (probably the Sony HD-100) would like to be able to record via the Tivo unit (realizing that it would be at the 480i resolution and not the 1080i)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The SAT-T60 cannot accept another input for recording. You would have to get a stand alone TiVo unit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dweikel:
Are any of the SAT HD HDTV decoders capabable of outputing a signal to a separate Tivo recorder. I presently have a Sony T-60 DirectTV/Tivo unit and am planning on getting a HDTV decoder (probably the Sony HD-100) would like to be able to record via the Tivo unit (realizing that it would be at the 480i resolution and not the 1080i)
I'm assuming that you'll get an oval dish... so just run another wire from the dish and plug it into the DirecTivo. It will cost you $5/month extra from DirecTV to replicate all your subscriptions.

John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JohnDG

I already have the oval dish. My primary interest is the HDTV local channels which DirectTV has some but not all of. In that there is only HBO and in the future Showtime. I will have two outputs from the dish going to the T-60 and the other two going to the HD-100.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quote:
JohnDG

I already have the oval dish. My primary interest is the HDTV local channels which DirectTV has some but not all of. In that there is only HBO and in the future Showtime. I will have two outputs from the dish going to the T-60 and the other two going to the HD-100.
IIRC, the DirecTivo's cannot record OTA signals.

John

·
Registered
201 Posts
Quote:
JohnDG

DirecTv does not have any HD local channels.The only way to get HD locals is an OTA antenna ( if available in your area), ExpressVu or BUD. 199 and 509 are all the HD that Direct carries. There is nothing but rumors that say Direct will carry ShowtimeHD. In fact rumors state opposite, That Direct will not carry any more Hd until there is more sales of the HD STB.

Ira

Ira

------------------

Ira Solod [email protected]

Pioneer Elite 510, Lexicon DC-1 ver.4 DTS, Parasound 1205A 200W x [email protected] ohms, M&K S150THX LCR, M&K Surround-55 rears, Klipsch PSW-10 sub, Pioneer DV-F727, Quadscan Pro, DTC-100, JVC 7600 SVHS, Camelot Dragon 5.1, Power Wedge Ultra 111, Monster Power 2500, All homemade interconnects made mostly from RG-6QS

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would think the ota hdtv downconversion to 480i would still yield a better picture than directtv locals...for use on a stand alone tivo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.