Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my SAT-HD100 up and running.

Our NBC station multicasts with regular programming on 11.1 and weather radar on 11.2. The receiver auto searches and finds both channels.

11.1 can be tuned just fine. However the weather on 11.2 will not come in even though the tuner will allow you to tune it. Screen is just blank.

I know that they are broadcasting as I can go to my PC with a WinTV-D card and get 11.2 at the time the SAT HD100 won't show it.

Bob

P.S. Other stations such as PBS and FOX that are sending multicast streams come in just fine.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Write the station and let them know.

It's a problem with their PSIP.

The only way they will know is if you tell them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The HD100 has real problems with stations that multicast. I've had it repeatedly ping-pong from one subchannel to the other, get the subchannels reversed or as you are seeing just refuse to show one of them. My Mits SR-HD5 handles them just fine as did my DTC-100 when I had it so it doesn't seem to be a PSIP problem.

Report it to Sony, its been reported before but another complaint won't hurt.

Tony

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
While I agree that you should let your local station know (hopefully they can put you in touch with someone that actually works on it), there's one thing I *don't* do w/my HD-100: once you get a good channel scan/listing, don't mess with it! If you try and add or (worse) re-scan all, you might get differenet PSIP info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.