AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the HD-100 and was surprised that Sony has fixed the fan noise. Can't hear it unless you get right up to it. I have serial number 4700+. However the HDTV is unbeleivable but when I watch anything else picture is kind of un-clear. I am having my antenna adjusted in 2 days that might help. Also how can I get the HDTV channels? I have heard they are with a dash "1" [email protected] 5.1 and etc but when I try to get one I get nothing in HDTV. Also I thought Jay Leno was in HDTV? Please help. Have 65 inch Mitubushi 65907W.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The serial number for my unit is 2299 and the fan noise is loud.

------------------

CC

·
Registered
467 Posts
Fan gets a little louder over time. When I first got the box, I could hardly hear it as well for about 3 days, but when it runs 24/7, you have to expect some gradual wear or breakin.

·
Registered
407 Posts
jaye fayed,

You might want to check out www.titantv.com to find out what stations are broadcasting in your area. You can run a search through the box and check that site to determine if you are getting all the stations you should be. All of the digital stations are marked as xx-1, etc. (i.e. CBS in my area is 56-1, which remaps to 2-1). Hope this helps.

-Brett

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Jay, Since you have a pretty high serial number I am curious if you have seen any video dropouts at all? I realize you just got, but please post on this thread if you see any video dropouts (or lip sync issues). I too have the Sony box and really like the quality but I am getting video dropouts I did not get on my DTC. Let me know your results. Thanx!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am in the 2600 range and my fan can be heard anywhere in the family room. I doubt they have made any changes, but rather, as said many times already, that some people hear it more than others ...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Maybe the fan gets a little louder because you are now listening for it! I also seriously doubt Sony has made any changes this quickly. Sony is always slow to react, but there could be variations in how loud the fan sounds.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not had one dropout in the 3 days I have used it. My lip sync is a little off. Do you think Sony will fix this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.