AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my HD100 early last week, got everything setup (thanks to people on this board), am waiting for the silver sensor that is in the mail, and left town this past weekend. When I returned home, I turned on the the tube and the HD100 worked fine, but the SAT-A55 kept saying please insert access card. So I go pull it out of the back and it is just about melted. It was slightly bent, which was causing the problem, and I find now that I have to wiggle it to make it work. I am going to get another card, but wanted to hear if there have been any problems with overheating of the sat-hd100. I currently have it in an enclosed shelf with the sat-a55 on top of it. The a55 never overheated before, and really never got that hot. However, I couldn't even touch the SAT-hd100 it was so hot. Granted, I didn't have the air on in my home this weekend since I was away. (It was like 88 degrees when I got home) The heat definetely transfered to the a55 so does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of putting cardboard in between the two and putting a small fan behind the units. Does everyone elses unit get real hot? I would think that it would cool down when the unit is off, but it stays hot even with the fan on!

·
Registered
195 Posts
when i HAD my hd100 on top of my replaytv unit i would get errors with the replay due to heat. i now have 4 rubber stoppers seperating the two and everthing works fine.

i dont want to be a wise guy but if the a55 gets too hot sitting on the hd100 then move it. it worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.