AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought Sony SAT-HD100 for OTA use only. Besides the annoying fan noise, I had some problems (well known, SW patches available) and wanted to get it serviced before my warrantee ends. To my shock, Sony service reps (contacted after 7 different phone numbers)refused. The reason, the fix is only available from DirectTV. When I asked how they intend to service non DirecTV customers who own SAT-HD100, they just said they don't. How is this possible? Aren't they legally obligated to honor warrantee? Anyone with legal mind has answer to this?

Needless to say, I've returned the unit for a full refund.

[ One thing that annoyed me, this bozo named Jim from Sony said that (no) sound problem I have on one channel is not a Sony problem although he admitted that a fix is available. He said I bought the unit for HDTV picture and as long as the picture is displayed, the unit works. Hmmmmmm. ]

·
Registered
599 Posts
I bet a local sattelite installer would hook it up to their system for a small charge?

------------------

Studio Broadcast Engineer

KET

·
Registered
632 Posts
Call back and see if you can get someone else or their supervisor.

Last resort: I would call the State's Attorney General office and explain to them either Sony it not advertising the units properly or not servicing products they sell.

Now you know one of the reasons the Dish 6000 has to see a satellite signal for it to work.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's funny - I had the exact opposite experience. I too bought it for OTA use. Called with request for software update, they gave me a service number, offered to pay for shipping and were very friendly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.