AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am trying to receive standard Sat + OTA HD, can I use a combo Sat/OTA Receiver(such as Sony's SAT-HD200 ) with a Standard Sat Dish and HD ant? Or do I NEED a HD dish?

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can read the manual below for complete info on HD200 operation:

The SAT-HD200 will work with the following dish configurations:

1) Round dish with one LNB (only receive Sat A programming) - see p. 24

2) Oval dish with 2 LNBs (receive Sat A & B programming) - see p. 25

3) Oval dish with 3 LNBs (receive all programming A,B,&C) - see p. 26.

Obviously, configuration 3 is recommended so you can receive current and future HD programming. D* CSR told me that Discovery HD will be added this month when I activated my HD200 this afternoon.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, you can do this. I did it for a while before I swapped out the dish. You follow the instructions on p. 24 as shown above.

You won't be able to get HDNet or Showtime HD. You'll lose HBO HD when they eventually move it off 101 back to 119.

Any news on when or where (which satellite) Discovery HD will be added?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I just read through the manual and didn't see any indication that the HD200 has an internal diplexor. Maybe I missed this setting.

I guess I'm asking if HD200 owners are using an external diplexor for the OTA signal if you have combined OTA and Sat at your switch?

·
Registered
506 Posts
HD200 does not have an external diplexor. If you combine the D* and OTA signals at the multiswitch, you will need a separate diplexor to separate the signals for input into the HD200. (The HD200 has a Satellite input, Ant input, and Cable input.) A diplexor is obviously not needed in you make 2 coax runs (one for D* and one for OTA).

I fed my antenna into a 5x8 Spaun multiswitch and am using Spaun diplexors to separate D* and OTA signals for a HD200 and DTivos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.