AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been receiving HDTV signals for 2 weeks, so I'm not sure what's normal. Sacto antennas are ~28 miles away from me in Pittsburg.

Tonight, I'm getting 4 out of the 5 digital station signals just fine.... except KOVR-CBS....lots of breakups/pixelation . 'Touched By Angel' broke up every few seconds or so and up to a couple minutes. Same with beginning of 'Citizen Baines'. 'Birdcage' on ABC is just fine in HD. The 3 other stations' SD feeds are OK.

I monitored the signal strength on my Tosh DST-3000 and get 100% on all digital station feeds. KOVR is at 100% and then drops down to zero... bam, just like that. This past week KOVR feed seemed sort of reliable with just a few breakups.

Is this normal for KOVR? I seem to be getting plenty of signal. Or is there something I'm missing on my end?

Thanks for any feedback,

Steve.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I watched a few minutes of "Birdcage" earlier on ABC and saw several breakups. Switched over to CBS about 9:30, saw several more there also. I just had my roof antenna re-aimed and secured on Wednesday, but didn't see this problem until tonight, so I don't think it's that. Using a Dish 6000, by the way.

Sunspots?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.