AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help me out on this one. I have a Sony KP53-XBR200 which I don't think is HD-ready (not positive on this one). It does have component video inputs.

My dilemma is this. I'd like to make the step into Satellite TV and TIVO. If purchasing an HD-100 and utilizing component video connections (to view live TV) would be superior to "S" from a DirecTivo unit like the SAT-T60 when viewing live TV, then I'll do it. (I realize that TIVO will always use "S.") If I do, then:

1. Does anyone have any experience in the best way to integrate the HD-100 and a standalone TIVO unit?

2. Are any specific TIVO units better than others?

3. Will the picture quality of the HD-100 be superior (via component connection) than another receiver (via S connection)?

If not, then it seems to make sense (and it's cheaper) to go with the SAT-T60 to have integrated DirecTV and Tivo.

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
The XBR200 is not HD compatible. Your set has low-band component video input, the HD-100 is high-band (HDTV) component video, which means HD-100 will not work with your set, unless you stick to S or composite video.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.