AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 SAT-W60s. They both were working fine until the one suddenly turned off. I cannot get it to turn back on. When I plug it in I hear a sound like a small fan or disk drive working, so there is definitely power to the machine.

1. Is there a way to reset the machine? Being familiar with Microsoft CE products "locking up", each device usually has a reset switch somewhere.

2. I bought it from OrbitSat and I bought the DirectTV warranty (although they say that is not in effect until 30 days). If the machine needs repaired, who should I turn to for help. I think OrbitSat will charge me all the shipping to send it back and to send out a new one.

3. Is there a way to tell what version of the UltimateTV software is on the machine?

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uh, read much? This board is filled with people that are willing to help you.. although a few of us

like to harbor the illusion that you at least tried to read a few posts to see if your questions

had already been answered, before taking the easier route of asking us to fix it for you. :)

Yes, there is an information screen with the software version. Yes there is a reset code. And yes,

your questions have been answered in more detail many times in this forum. Have a look (read), it's

a good forum!

·
Registered
39 Posts
okay, the reset code is;

make sure your (green) receiver power light is off, press the remote menu button 3 times and then 32768

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. For the record I'm a new UltimateTV owner and I did search the forum, but could not get a hit so hence the post. Any help on how to find out what version of software I have loaded? Thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
You can't check the software version unless you can get the UTV to turn "on" and output a video signal to the TV. If you had them running for a week, then you almost certainly have version 3.5 -- it would have downloaded automatically during the night. If you only had them on a day or two, then you may still be at v3.0 or v3.1, depending on when it was manufactured. Unless of course these are refurbished units and they already upgraded to v3.5.

To check the version go to HOME, then down to the bottom on the screen to SETTINGS. Then pick SYSTEM TEST followed by SYSTEM INFO. (If you have v3.0 or 3.1, the prompts might be a little different, but it is basically in the same place).

·
Registered
39 Posts
trohrer, i did a search using keywords from your original post and had no problem finding multiple posts with the reset code. anyway, hope you enjoy your new toy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.