AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a previous thread I started yesterday I described a "Network Regeneration" window that never went away until rebooting the 520. This morning, I powered-up and tuned to HDNet. I got a banner across the sets display saying "No Signal". I checked the signal by using the Signal button on the remote and had a strong signal. I then went into Menu and checked the transponder signals and they were all good. I rebooted and ran into the same problem.

Zenith's Tech Support was very friendly. After I told them the symptoms and gave them the serial number, they said they would have to call me back. In less than an hour, they did. She said that the new software caused a quirk and they would have to replace the unit. A new one is on the way. I'll keep you posted.

Tom

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was out of the country from 3/28 to 4/8. I had watched HDNet probably two or three times since I got back, so it wasn't the first time. I had never experienced the Network Regeneration window or No Signal banner previously. I have no idea what brought them about. When I told Zenith the symptoms and gave them my serial number, they never suggested I try anything or gave me any trouble. The customer rep., after consulting with tech support, simply said they would have to replace the unit. I'm curious if others have experienced similar problems. I hope this isn't the start of a repeat of what I experienced with the 1080. I went through four units before they bought the 1080 back. However, up until now, I was very pleased with the 520, especially when compared to the 1080.

Tom

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,269 Posts
the other day when I walked past my HD-SAT520 it was scrolling a message across the front that said NO SIGNAL. I had never seen this before and was busy and didn't get a chance to turn on the TV to determine what was going on and when I finally turned the TV on later I had forgotten about it but haven't seen an on screen message of No Signal when I didn't expect one. I'm on the latest version of the firmware. Hmmm...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Note that when HDNet is in Pay-Per-View mode, the SAT520 displays 'No Signal' after the free 5 minute preview if you have not purchased the movie. Kinda surprised me when I first saw it a couple of days ago at 8AM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.