AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they have used a SATA hard drive in a replaytv?

If so, can you tell me what adapter was used?

I heard that IDE drives were discontinued by seagate a few days ago.

So PATA is the only thing available.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydanger007 /forum/post/15530219

Sorry to have to ask but do you think you could please try that link again? bIt brings me to " Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Sorry about that. I assumed the link would work, but I guess it only shows up properly on my machine. I simply did a search of the ReplayTV forum for all the the threads with the word "sata" in the title.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose /forum/post/15530375

Sorry about that. I assumed the link would work, but I guess it only shows up properly on my machine. I simply did a search of the ReplayTV forum for all the the threads with the word "sata" in the title.

I see the post from I search for SATA but I have never seen anything listed as working.

Do you know the brand name or model number of any working adapter for this?

If anyone knows, please list it in this post for everyone will be to have the option of upgrading their machine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
 This thread says that he is successfully using a SATA adapter. I don't see where it says which model he is using, but I guess you could PM him...

Henry

·
Registered
5,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdonzis /forum/post/15543052

This thread says that he is successfully using a SATA adapter. I don't see where it says which model he is using, but I guess you could PM him...

Henry

And of course he's using 4K which has different drive compatibility than 5K... hopefully people will post specific compatible combos.

Once I get time to open up another replay I'm going to try the 250GB IDE laptop drive and if it works it should be ideal: much lower power, about the same price, and more readily available. 320 GB would be even better if they ever release that for 2.5" IDE.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL /forum/post/15549811

Once I get time to open up another replay I'm going to try the 250GB IDE laptop drive and if it works it should be ideal: much lower power, about the same price, and more readily available. 320 GB would be even better if they ever release that for 2.5" IDE.

iHerd through the grapeline (yeah they have us stomping grapes in wineries now) the 7200 RPM drives run too hot for replatvs, better stick with the older 5400 RPM laptop HDs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts