AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even sure if anyone has this problem with their HD recorders anymore. I service a fleet of mobile HD recorders in school buses. They use ATA-100 Seagate Barracuda drives. Seagate has now discontinued manufacture of PATA drives. Has anyone had any luck using an adapter to run a SATA drive in their DVR (or does anyone still have a DVR with PATA technology?)

·
Banned
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman_ba /forum/post/15545340

I'm not even sure if anyone has this problem with their HD recorders anymore. I service a fleet of mobile HD recorders in school buses. They use ATA-100 Seagate Barracuda drives. Seagate has now discontinued manufacture of PATA drives. Has anyone had any luck using an adapter to run a SATA drive in their DVR (or does anyone still have a DVR with PATA technology?)

What size Drives do you use?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Original drives were 320GB standard 7200.10's - ST3320630A. I was using SV35 series 7200.2's - ST3320630AV. Just placed an order for 500GB models, as they were the only thing available out there other than WD Caviars, and my boss doesn't like WD drives much. The DVR manufacturer says they are engineering an adapter to use SATA drives, but I have a feeling they will use something off-the-shelf if it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts