AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Eagle Aspen s-5040-ce, which i believe is the newer multiswitch integrated elliptical dish. I've followed the instructions (#4 and #6) provided by the Directv Multisatc.pdf link, but I'm still not receiving SHOHD (ch. 543 or ch. 90). Actually, both channels are showing up in the guide and on-screen, but the screen says "searching for satellite..." I'm using a Sony HD-100 and have changed the antenna input to elliptical 3. I've also tried to reset the unit. but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just read in various forums that you have to subscribe to SHOWTIME to get SHOHD. Is that true? Could this be the reason that I'm not getting SHOHD?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just installed the Sat C today also. Im getting the same message on channels 90 and 543 ( searching for satellite ). I subscribed to Showtime just today also. Im getting all other SHO channels. I checked the signal strength meter and Im getting 90 on 101, 84 on 119. When I go the transponders 8, 10, 12 on 110 sat I get no signal... What is the best way to check for a bad LNB? Could I plug the Sat C cable directly into the Multiswitch 18v slot? Could I check the Combiner by swapping Sat B and Sat C inputs? If I have this kind of signal strength on 101 and 119 sats shouldnt I be lined up for 110 already?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well now Im not getting some of my channels from the 101 bird. Channels like 203, 231 have a black screen. 236 is black but says Searching for Satellite Signal. 240, 244, 248 black screen. 251, 252, 252, 255 Searching for Sat. Any ideas whats up?

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I am having same problem- Unable to recieve a sat signal for 90 and 543

using a Sony HD100 and also a RCA DTC100 no luck for either

LJG

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is exactly the same problem I have on my newly installed Sat C.

I called DirectTV and they sent someone out that spent about an hour trouble-shooting and ended up stating that it's the Diplexer and that he didn't get any from DirectTV and that he couldn't help me - I should call *D and have them send a new Diplexer out.

Now you can imaging after spending $60 for this clown to tell me to call *D and get the part to fix it myself I had some sweet words for the EC that I talked to at *D.

The bottom line is that they are sending a tech out this weekend, with the parts (Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it) and supposedly at N/C.

If it's the diplexer I'll let you know.

Dan

·
Registered
520 Posts
My problem turned out to be a Cable Problem. Im up and running now with all three sats. Did not have to call DTV and tell them to add SHO HD. It was already there by the time I got back in the house to check the new cables.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still no SHOHD, but another question. Is it true that D* changed their HDTV policy... now you must subscribe to Showtime and HBO in order to get SHOHD and HBOHD. If so, then I guess I won't be seeing SHOHD anytime soon because I wasn't planning on subscribing to Showtime (I'm already a sub to HBOHD).

By the way, I checked my signal strength on SatC. all transponders display 0.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
MPAL10,

It's your cable between the combiner and the Sat- C LNB (many other threads on Sat-C have the same result). Sorry if you have to go on your roof!

·
Registered
73 Posts
MPAL10,

Yes, RonAuger is correct. I had the same problem. Triple check that your 110 LNB is plugged into the correct port on the combiner, I had mine reversed ( 119 was in the 110 port, and 110 in the 119 port), and had the same exact issue. I reversed it and it was fine.

Best of luck

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.