AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my dish installed the installation guy told me that there was no way that I was going to get HD off of satelite because of a damn tree being in the way. I dont get any feeds on the HD satelite channels. However my transponder strengths from the HD portion of the dish are at 75%. If there is strength on the transponder, shouldn't that mean I can get the signal?

·
Registered
632 Posts
What? What system are you using - Dish or Direct? ExpressVue? What receiver are you using?

How do know what the transponder strengths from the HD portion of the dish is?

If there is a tree in the way the then use a seperate dish for HDTV and move it.

If not then you have some equipment problems.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the Sony HD100 with Direct TV. I simply go to the setup menu and find the transponders. I scroll through each one and look at the strength. I thought about 2 dishes, but I'm in an apartment, so there is no way to get around the tree.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i had the same problem, you're not going to get around a tree.. cutting it down is often expensive.. but do what i did, try another installer ;-)

the 2nd guy got me a 92 strength..

·
Registered
780 Posts
75% strength on the Sat B transponders should be plenty, I get around 78. Do you see the Para Todos barker channel on 400 or NASA on 376 ?. They are on the 119 sat, so if you do, you should be able to get the HDTV signals also. If you signed up for PPV, you should see the demo loop on 199.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.