Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Quick question I just installed a 3rd 18 inch dish to receive the 110 satellite. The problem I have is not being able to receive the even number transponders on 119. Could this be a combiner problem or a multiswitch problem? The installer thought it was 1 or the other.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
If things were ok before the Sat C installation, the multiswitch shouldn't be the problem. I'd say the 13V/18V switching signal isn't getting to the LNB from the receiver and it may be stopping at the combiner. First make sure the combiner is hooked up with the correct connections and there are no bent pins or shorts in the cables.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greywolf,

Thanks for the info my only problem is I never checked the transponders before the install so I am not sure if they were working or not. Directv is sending me 2 more combiners to check out. I guesss if the problem persists then it could be the multiswitch.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
If the system was never tried before, it could be a cable problem too.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cable is fairly new plus if I remember correctly they ran direct feeds without the combinere and I believe it worked ok. But not 100% sure on that . I guess I will find out tomorrow when I get my new combiner.

Thanks for your help I will let you know how I make out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.