AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new house. It had a cable service connection but I have DirecTV and didn't need it. When I installed my dish I used the cable grounding block and the feed going into the house to hook up my DTC100. Inside my house I rerouted the splitters to the output and use ch4 of the DTC100 to get the signal to the rest of the TV's in my house.

Well, my local cable offers local HD channels and I wanted a cable modem so I signed up and the cable line to my house went live. I had to run another line for the new cable connection. I used a flat window adapter and ran a temporary run of RG6 into my house through a window to carry the cable signal.

My question is this, can I use standard antenna/sat dish diplexors with the cable signal or do diplexors work ONLY with OTA antennas? Has anyone tried this? Do they interfere with Cable Modems? Will I damage the Cable modem or hurt the cable line back to the cable company just trying to see if this might work? I don't want a repair bill from the cable company just for experimenting.

It would be great if I could do this so I don't have to drill another hole in the side of my house. I could use a single cable for the cable and satellite feed. At least until I decide to drop DirecTV when the cable system has all of the same HD channels as DirecTV.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've got a diplexor on a line feeding my Directivo and my cable modem, and it's been running like a champ for months now, with no noticable slowdown on the cable modem. You should be fine...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback.

At a minimum I now have the courage to try it. This is gonna be a huge help if it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.