AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin on guys i posted before but no response. i know ideal height for rears are above ear level. but due to mylayout im unable to do that or stands for the rear. would mounting my rear hkts 7, on the ceiling effect the surround sound? i am assuming after calibrating everything it might end up being alright. but i am new to this! thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
your post is a little hard to follow, but if the main question is "if ceiling mounts are all I can use, would that be alright ?", then the answer is obviously "yes". Both in-ceiling and on-ceiling mounts will work for surrounds, but they are much less effective for the 3 fronts. Use what you have, where you can mount them, aim them towards the listening area and calibrate with the other system speakers....then enjoy !

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea your not lying. sorry about that! i wrote that at 6 this morning so thats what i get! my main question was if surrounds would still be as effective if they were mounted from the ceiling? from your reply it seems they would be. thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
"As effective" - the answer is NO. You want them above ear level, but not all the way on the ceiling unless you have to. There are 5.1 soundtracks that will expect your side surrounds to be on the side. A good example would be a car flying by the viewer from front to back -- the sound is going to start in front of you, and then transition to "above and over" your shoulder, which will affect the realism of the effect.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts