AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
There's not going to be a unanimous best satellite system. Everybody has different tastes. You're going to need to listen to several systems on your own.

Start with Energy, Def Tech, Mirage, Polk, Klispch, Gallo, Orb and a few others. You'll need to provide a budget in order for people to be more specific

One thing for sure in my opinion, Bose will not be the answer despite their wonderful marketing.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
For that much money do they have to be little satellite speakers?

You could get a really nice system with bookshelf speakers.

Let me ask this question, how small do the satellite speakers need to be?

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammz
What systems are you talking about from Energy? I have been looking at the Mirage OMD-5 at Vann's.
the Mirage OMD-5 system might be good. They normally cost much more than that so I wouldn't consider them low budget. They have a nice bundle price although I'd upgrade to the Prestige s-10 center instead of the smaller 8" sub.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...d5-gloss-black

they're omnipolar speakers so you should try them out to make sure they work for you. I think Best Buy carries Mirage speakers but not this model.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was inclined towards energy for my new Family room but I went with Polk TL250 and I am a happy camper. Awesome speakers. I wrote my review at Amazon and Crutchfield about my experience. Overall very well rounded sound for the speakers of this size and price point.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts