AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live there are not a lot of choices for auditioning speaker systems, the two I have heard that have actually been presented in a HT environment are the Polk Audio RM 20, and the Klipsch Refrernce, Cinema 8 Home Theatre System. Both of these sounded great to my untrained ear.

My Question is what's the opinion of some of the folks that might these own one of systems?? Not trying to start any controversies, would just like an opinion.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
It really depends on your avr or separates , like I have a Yanaga htr 5790 as a pre/pro and outboard amps with polk audio speakers which sound very good where as the klipsch sounds a bit harsh and bright at high volumes . If you have an avr like denon or pioneer or hk then the klipsch might sound good to you ,and the polk audio matches well with Yamaha marantz or onkyo in my opinion sounds pretty good .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks, I've got a Marantz SR8400 setting out there in the box, so maybe the Polk might do the job. JD

·
Registered
11 Posts
john duve,

I'd recommend you check out orb speakers. Not only do they look good but they sound sensational. You can check them out at www.orbaudio.com . They are also great to deal with and you can try the speakers in your home for 30 days and if your not happy with them you can return them. Only real cost is the shipping which is $9 i think for shipping within the US.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm also looking for a satellite / subwoofer 5.1 system that sounds good for both audio and HT. Small, clean, loud, good value but price not that much of an issue (in other words I am willing to pay more if I clearly get more). I also looked at the Polk and the Klipsch systems, which are pretty much the only ones I can find locally (although I was listening to the Quintet II, not the Cinema 6 or 8). But I'm also real interested in several systems that I have read about but probably couldn't listen to before I buy. Most of these have trial periods and liberal return policies, so I would be willing to buy if I got enough good feedback from people beforehand. The systems I am referring to are:

Athena Micra 6, ~$300

Onix Rocket Tykes, ~$400

Hsu Research VT-12, ~$500-$600 (depending on the subwoofer) - actually 6.1

Anyone want to weigh in on these? Or offer other systems to consider? Thanks...

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.