AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Way back in '04 (or was it '05?) I took the recommendation from this site and went with the then brand new Sanyo Z3.

I've been very happy with it but it's time to replace the unit with something a little more capable.

The thing I love about the Z3 is that I have it coffee table mounted, and it fit perfectly the 13' throw range to my screen.

I'm completely out of the loop on what the latest gear offers, does anyone mind throwing out a couple recommendations on suitable replacements that fit the criteria of tabletop replacement which will accomodate a 13' throw distance? I tried searching but wasn't getting much..

Many thanks in advance!

PS

My Z3 is "only" 720p, which is why I've been considering it too old... but after reading some threads I'm now starting to wonder what content I'm going to have for a 1080p projector..

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCanuck /forum/post/20809911

Hi everyone,

Way back in '04 (or was it '05?) I took the recommendation from this site and went with the then brand new Sanyo Z3.

I've been very happy with it but it's time to replace the unit with something a little more capable.

The thing I love about the Z3 is that I have it coffee table mounted, and it fit perfectly the 13' throw range to my screen.

I'm completely out of the loop on what the latest gear offers, does anyone mind throwing out a couple recommendations on suitable replacements that fit the criteria of tabletop replacement which will accomodate a 13' throw distance? I tried searching but wasn't getting much..

Many thanks in advance!

PS

My Z3 is "only" 720p, which is why I've been considering it too old... but after reading some threads I'm now starting to wonder what content I'm going to have for a 1080p projector..

There are a lot of projectors that meet those requirements. What is your budget?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/20811318

There are a lot of projectors that meet those requirements. What is your budget?

Pretty much within what this forum covers.. under $3000USD.

If it is a projector that will last a long time and offers real value at $3000, then I would pony that up. However if there is a unit at $2000 or less that gives 80-90% off what the $3000 unit offers (including table top and throw distance) then I would go with that one.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I also have a Z3 and want to upgrade soon. I am thinking of waiting until September when the new models are announced and/or released.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazExprez /forum/post/20812140

I also have a Z3 and want to upgrade soon. I am thinking of waiting until September when the new models are announced and/or released.

TazExprez, are there any units or brands that you are currently leaning towards?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCanuck
TazExprez, are there any units or brands that you are currently leaning towards?
I am thinking of getting an Epson unit and want to see what they release soon. I also really like the Panasonic PT-AE7000. I just got a passive 3D LG LED TV and would really like to have a 3D 1080p pj. I will see if street prices go down to around $2.5K by the end of this year. If it happens, great, if not, I will just get a 2D 1080p pj.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.