AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after the final calibration of my 5.1 system , and after placing all speakers and sub in their best position , im very satisfied with my setup. Blurays sounds great , even the bass is tight and smooth with my small 8'' jamo sub 260. Room is 4.3x4.6m and i sit about 3 meters away from front stage and sub. Subwoofer is placed in the left front corner for best bass output.

I am very surprised of the result i got from my room. I didnt expect such result! ... And by this I mean i got great sound effects from rears and all other speakers , clear dialogue volume , great dynamics , clear sound and good bass response !

I was thinking of buying a sub like the one i have right now and place it near the seating position so I end up with 2 same subwoofers. One placed near seating position in the back corner and the one I have right now in the front corner.

Do you think this makes any sense? Thanks !

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
as far as placement it all depends on the room layout. my room having a 6ft opening in the middle left side really makes it tough. placing the subs in opposite corners makes for a hot spot in my seating posistion but the others seats lose alot of bass. both subs up front in the quarter positions sound great 6-8ft in front of the seating posistions, so that does me no good... right now im running a sub on each side of my couch, one 12" from the corner, the other 6" from the wall...sounds really good, cant tell where the bass is coming from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts