AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing Ebay and noticed the most of the listings for access cards say stuff like "1 access card for sale along with broken receiver, buyer pays $5 shipping for just card and $100 for broken receiver if wanted". I assume that people are doing this because they really don't have the receiver and are somehow covering their butt from getting in trouble?

Aren't the HU cards going (are?) going to be useless anyways with the release of the new cards?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin803
I was browsing Ebay and noticed the most of the listings for access cards say stuff like "1 access card for sale along with broken receiver, buyer pays $5 shipping for just card and $100 for broken receiver if wanted". I assume that people are doing this because they really don't have the receiver and are somehow covering their butt from getting in trouble?
Apparently, Ebay removes auctions for access cards quickly, but if the access card is sold with a receiver, they ignore it.

Quote:
Aren't the HU cards going (are?) going to be useless anyways with the release of the new cards?
They will eventually be useless, but nobody outside of DirecTV knows when that will happen. So I guess the people buying these cards are betting the HU stream will be active long enough to make the purchase worthwhile.


H cards, on the other hand, really are useless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,582 Posts
I here some people talk about using hacked cards and the hoops they jump through to use them and replace them after the get killed. Personally, I'm happy to pay my fees to have reliable service and not run the risk of an unexpected knock at my front door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
I here some people talk about using hacked cards and the hoops they jump through to use them and replace them after the get killed.
As far as I know, an ECM has never permanently killed an H or an HU card. The worst was "Black Sunday", but hackers figured out how to use the cards again. (The cards were permanently damaged, but not dead.)


I think cards die because of misuse, experimentation, and faulty equipment.

Quote:
Personally, I'm happy to pay my fees to have reliable service and not run the risk of an unexpected knock at my front door.
DirecTV doesn't have to resources to proscecute the vast majority of pirates.


Anyway, I'm glad you're happy to subscribe, as am I. It's just that I see all sorts of misinformation out there about pirates.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top