AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly new 5040. I love it and have had very few problems. Commercial Advance is wonderful. Makes me feel so lazy when I use my 3060.

Tonight I am recording a show for someone at work. They can't even set their VCR, so the way I am going to share the show is by using my VCR. I have 2 options. I can just set my VCR and record it, but what I am wondering about is what happens when I press Save to VCR and have CA turned on. Will it skip commercials? Not that this matters really, but playing back in the Save to VCR mode will there be the indicators that the commercials are being skipped.

I'm still at work now and will just have a few minutes to set the recording when I get home tonight, otherwise I would just try it out myself.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dirtymatt
The only thing "Save to VCR" does is add a 10 second count down before it starts playing so you can get your VCR ready.
I don't know about CA and Save to VCR, but the Save to VCR function also keeps any messages from appearing while the show is being played. (Like the ones that let you know a recording is about to start.)

·
Registered
189 Posts
If CA is on when you "save to VCR" the commercials will be skipped. You have the choice on the menu to turn off CA before clicking "save to VCR."

That said, I never leave CA on when saving a show to VCR. That is because CA often fails to skip correctly. If I am watching at the time I can easily skip back and rewatch the segment missed. The watcher of the VCR tape doesn't have that choice and I don't sit and watch the show while it plays into the VCR to make sure every CA works correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.